The Bush Global Health Initiative (BGHI) is a non-profit organization incorporated in the U.S. State of Texas that does business as Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon®. We are an independent non-profit affiliated with the George W. Bush Institute.
The BGHI Board of Directors is the body that has legal and fiduciary responsibility for the organization. The BGHI Board brings strategic decision-making and guidance to Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon by:
- Reviewing, amending, and approving BGHI’s policies, budget, and strategies;
- Assessing Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon’s effectiveness and performance;
- Maintaining financial and legal accountability; and
- Contributing to fundraising efforts through networks of influence.
The current Members of the BGHI Board of Directors are as follows:
- The Honorable Condoleezza Rice, PhD, Chair
- Gary Edson, Treasurer
- Charity Wallace, Secretary
- John Damonti
- Holly Kuzmich
- Barbara Sobel
- The Honorable Deborah Birx, MD (observer)
- Lisa Carty, MPH (non-voting)
- Celina Schocken, MPP, JD, MBA (non-voting)
“Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon continues to grow and thrive as we expand our affiliations, create awareness of the global women’s health landscape, and increase our capacity to serve more women.” PRRR Board Chair and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, September 2016.
The Honorable Condoleezza Rice, Chair, Board of Directors
Dr. Condoleezza Rice is currently the Denning Professor in Global Business and the Economy at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Thomas and Barbara Stephenson Senior Fellow on Public Policy at the Hoover Institution, and a professor of Political Science at Stanford University. She is also a founding partner of RiceHadleyGates, LLC. From January 2005 to 2009, Rice served as the 66th Secretary of State of the United States, and served as President George W. Bush’s Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (National Security Advisor) from January 2001 to 2005.